('Urban Pocket Wildscaping')
PEOPLE POWER, INVESTED IN OUR WILD WORLD
Due to land registry restrictions, the tiny pieces of land might have to be owned collaboratively NOT individually but - overall - we would have shared ownership over that patch of land and know that we have lovingly wildscaped that space.
You are invited to purchase/donate on the legal understanding (signed on purchase) that the land will become a lush, colourful, 'Happiness Hub' (and thereafter will be examined to see if it needs any minimal human management) and will be protected PERMANENTLY to wildscape Britain.
If 100,000s of these tiny pockets of land can be wildscaped, we will be well on the way to helping to wildscape our world.
[PLEASE USE THIS CONTACT FORM TO REGISTER INTEREST IN DONATING TO FOREVER WILDSCAPING OUR UK URBAN POCKETS. YOU WILL BE GIVEN REGULAR UPDATES ON OUR CURRENT EFFORTS TO FIND OUR FIRST 'POCKETS' TO BUY & WILDSCAPE AND, WHEN THE TIME COMES, IF YOU STILL WANT TO DONATE TO THEIR PURCHASE AND PROTECTION, YOU WILL BE SENT PAYMENT DETAILS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS TO SIGN. DONATIONS CAN BE AS MUCH/LITTLE AS YOU PREFER.]
Scattered throughout our urban commercial/residential spaces are 100,000s of tiny patches of land (1 metre and upwards) that COULD be enabled to thrive..
What if we bought those tiny patches freehold under a contractual agreement to permanently wildscape them?
We are both the 'whole' itself (one planet) and an individual representation (a part of the whole).
Our planet is structured for us all to thrive better together...
We stand & work together (no matter our differences/wage) to buy and wildscape 100,000s of tiny 'pockets' of land across our UK Urban landscape.
Loving Our Planet
Please check out our future plans for 'Rubbish Revived'
HEDGING/BORDER - Each pocket will have a perimetre of EITHER bird friendly hedging around it or a border (made of materials to benefit local wildlife) to protect the interior spaces.
LAND IN LOVE WITH ITSELF - The pockets of land themselves will be wildscaped based on the bespoke requirements of the local community (see some case study examples). Based on the desires & requirements of the local residents, I will work out how to serve both YOU/THEM and all of the other species (animal & plant) in the specific pockets of land (evolving them into Happiness Hubs) finding what I call the 'central balance point' for all lives (animal/plant) there to coexist in harmony, as much as possible….
To wildscape across our UK urban landscape ASAP, every Pocket can be MONETISED to pay for MORE Pockets. If each Pocket generates revenue - through various schemes, also beneficial to the local communities in which they reside, featured below - and every NEW Pocket generates more revenue for the NEXT Pocket and so on, we'll wildscape further and further across our urban landscape empowering millions of lives and for the betterment of an ever expanding human audience.
Each Pocket will have a sign with it [provided we don't need planning permission to do so] declaring it a 'Wildscaped Local Pocket'... These signs will have a glass front and space for local businesses to advertise to the community as they enjoy the Pockets. The advertising revenue will help to monetise the Pockets passively whilst drawing the local community together to better find out about one another, supporting this wildscaping scheme together.
Foraging Workshops/Local Educational Opportunities... Learning about plants & herbs to forage for, plus plants with medicinal properties (these plants will grow on their own: we will not be planting specific plants in each pocket)...
W.W will invite marketing students in the nearest universities/colleges to put forward their own ideas (for which they get full credit) to monetise the Pockets: also further expanding our audience.
Research/Findings So Far...
I've been lucky enough to speak to Professor Alastair Driver, who thinks that small mammals, insects and birds will use these spaces and he even brought up other benefits that I hadn’t considered, like the savings on stopping the land from being mowed continuously and the lack of water pollution because we will be stopping any pesticides that may have been being used before. Each individual patch has a small impact but the local 'clusters' of patches benefit every local creature AND as the numbers move into the 1000s (then 10,000s & 100,000s) the combined impact is MASSIVE, along with all the other benefits.
The only negatives were potential running of water pipes and cables under the land and dealing with situations with companies wanting access but these just need to be factored into the planning and he said that they weren’t a reason not to go ahead with the Pockets and bring about the MANY benefits.
I have spoken to a Ian Smith, Head of Financial Planning & Performance at WWF-UK who very kindly gave me his time to look over my plans to build a financial base from which to upscale 'Wildscaping Community' quickly once the first case studies are in place & overall it looks like we are doing the right things... Inviting a community of Protectors paying £1 - sourcing Pockets, overseeing the purchases and paying for Legal & Wildscaping expertise. It's also super important that those who would like to are invited to be part of this incredible process of wildscaping our urban landscape permanently through online meetings, frequent updates, social get togethers and reports on wildlife moving into the purchased spaces.
- SOCIO-ECONOMIC EQUALITY - Greater equality across our landscape - Sometimes the most run down urban areas have the greatest amounts of wasted space which (if they were wildscaped) would transform the local area into a brighter, cleaner, kinder, healthier, litter free environment.
- CLEANER AIR - Wildscaping in urban areas will cleanse the air from vehicle emissions (plants in the 'pockets' absorbing them) meaning a healthier life for the local community.
- BOTANICAL THRIVING - There's a lot of plant life seeking out new territories to thrive in.
- WILDLIFE HABITAT/RESOURCES - Local wildlife populations will be offered a massive boost in natural habitat and food sources. 10,000s wildlife casualties every year end up in Rescues fighting for their lives purely because of the way we suppress the land around us and make it uninhabitable for them. This would be a permanent solution to support our urban wildlife (who have been driven in from agricultural areas because of pesticide use).
- EMPOWERED PUBLIC - A lot of the UK population renting in overcrowded residential areas - and feeling unable to effect change because they don’t own their own properties to wildscape - will be empowered to affordably wildscape their neighbourhoods/local streets & reharmonise (as wild beings) by permanently protecting (and collaboratively owning) these Pockets.
- WILDLIFE TRAVERSING SAFELY ACROSS URBAN SPACES - If 100,000s of these tiny pockets of land can be wildscaped, local wildlife will have multiple points of refuge and even safe spots to move between if they need to cross the urban landscape.
- CLEANER DRINKING WATER & FLOOD PREVENTION - Cleaner drinking water & flood prevention for local residents - Rain water that falls on these wildscaped bits of land is filtered through the denser soil very slowly before any run off finally makes its way into sewers to be further cleansed by local water authorities.
- RE-EDUCATION - It’s a great way to let people know about #LettingLifeIn. This 'Wildscaped Community' idea non-aggressively and openly makes it easy for individuals with gardens to make changes to their OWN homes by copying the widscaped spaces.
- COMMUNITY BROUGHT TOGETHER - Local wild-loving groups can monitor the wildscaped pockets and publish their findings through local press: creating interest locally in a way that communities can better relate to.